Pages

November 6, 2014

Daily Beauty


Hello hello! I haven't done a beauty post in a while, so I thought I'd share my daily beauty products. Up until about a year ago, I was a total baby about make up. I just used drugstore products and honestly couldn't bring myself to dish out for the more high end products. It wasn't until my sister, Kelly, introduced me to YouTube makeup gurus like Michelle Phan that I saw the clear advantages of investing. I started to look at cosmetics as an art, my face was the canvas and since we're only given one, I realized I better be more careful about the gunk I was loading onto it. 
 So you can bet the shopaholic in me took the reins, and I went a full out beauty frenzy. My obsession has definitely toned down since the start, and I've learned to mix both ends of the beauty spectrum. So currently, these are the products I use on a daily basis, in addition to a skin care regimen of course. But that'll come in a later post. :)
In application sequence:
Boo Boo Concealer  I use this for my under eye circles and minor blemishes. It doesn't have super full coverage so it's good for daily use. 
Sonia Kashuk Creme Bronzer  I highly recommend this if you're looking to try a creme bronzer. I apply it with my ring finger before Hoola to get a subtle contour and bronze.
Benefit Hoola  The cult classic matte bronzer. Need I say more?
BAREMINERALS Mineral Veil  My all time favorite finishing powder, it mattes my face perfectly, but still leaves a subtle sheen.
LancĂ´me Blush  My at the moment favorite! 
Pixi Primer  I'd rate the holding power at about a 6, not really effective for dramatic eye makeup, but good enough for day to day use. 
Nyx Eyebrow Pencil  I'm not big on a very defined brow, so I love how the brush on the end gives my brows a more natural look.
Pixi Eyebrow Gel  I was pretty amazed the first time I tried eyebrow gel, and I haven't looked back since! 
Urban Decay Naked 3 Eyeshadow Pallet  OBSESSED with Nooner. I use it basically every day with a little Factory in the crease. Blackheart to line my upper waterline. Can't stress the importance of lining the upper lash line, it's the secret to fuller looking lashes.
Benefit Gel Liner  Not a liner I recommend for beginners just because it's a little tricky to get used to. You have to play around with it to see what works for you, but I love how black the gel is. 
Diorshow Lash Primer  Don't know if it's just placebo, but I feel like this keeps my lashes from falling out.
Maybelline Falsies & Volume Express  My favorite combo of mascaras. I use waterproof falsies to help the curl last all day!

With love,
Patti

PS! Feel free to ask if you have any questions about any of the products. I'm no expert, but I'd be happy to share my thoughts. 

3 comments:

  1. Love so many of these products :)

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4602025

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh urban decay naked is one of my favourite. Such a pretty palette! love the stuff you reviewed here!

    ReplyDelete