Pages

June 23, 2014

Motivational Mondays | Sun Protection

Summer has officially started! To kick off the first day of summer, I went to the beach to get a dose of Vitamin D and followed it up with a poolside BBQ. What I ended up getting was a mean sunburn that  may result in permanent tan lines. I mean, I can't even remember the last time I was burnt this bad. Now that I'm out of school and working a 9 to 5, I get few chances to catch some rays and my body is  no longer conditioned for the sun. Laying out on the regular meant that I never got burnt. 
But for the past couple days, I haven't even been able to move and these burns reminded me how important sun protection was. In my defense, my tanning lotion did have a whopping SPF 4. But let's be real, is looking glamorously Jersey Shore tanned for a couple months worth the hassle of skin grafts and elephant skin in 10 years? There's nothing wrong with a little bronze because I am a firm believer that life is better with a tan, but it's better to be safe than sorry. If we change our tanning habits now, it'll be so worth it down the line. So ladies, if you're going to lay out, be smart! Stay hydrated, lather up, and don't be afraid to throw a little self-tanner into the mix.

With Love,
Patti


No comments:

Post a Comment